Our School Uniform is important to us. It is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life. It promotes harmony between different groups represented in the school, and it enhances security, assisting the school to identify individual pupils in order to maintain good order and spot intruders more easily.
It is our policy that all children should wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Smartness and high standards of appearance are expected at all times.
Parents / carers should label all items of clothing clearly with their child’s name.
Winter and Cooler Weather
- St. Peter's CE VC Primary School v-neck or round neck sweatshirt or cardigan, with embroidered school logo
- Light grey trousers, pinafore dress or skirt
- White ‘polo’ shirt (school logo optional) or short sleeved white shirt / blouse
- Flat, sensible dark shoes suitable for active play
- Plain black, grey or white socks or tights
- Children should bring a coat to school each day.
- Gloves, Hats and Scarves are encouraged during cold weather
We do not allow leggings, boots or shorts.
If you are wearing boots for playtimes / walk to school then please bring a spare pair of indoor school shoes.
Summer and Warmer Weather
St.Peter’s CE VC Primary School V-neck sweatshirt or cardigan, with embroidered school logo. This is still essential all year round as halls and corridors are often cooler.
- Light grey trousers, skirt or shorts
- Blue and White checked dress (not navy or half checked)
- White ‘polo’ shirt (the school logo is optional but encouraged in warmer weather) or white short sleeved shirt / blouse
- School tie, in house colour
- Flat, sensible dark shoes suitable for active play or sandals with backs and socks
- Plain black, grey or white socks
- Shower-proof jacket
- Sun hat
Please choose pale blue checked dresses and not navy or half checked and half white. Children are expected to wear socks with sandals / shoes.
Indoor PE Kits
Boys and girls should wear:
- royal blue shadow stripe shorts
- a school house colour t-shirt (with school logo)
- trainers with a pair of socks
PE Kits should be kept in a named drawstring shoe bag. (Strong blue kit bags, with the school logo, are available for a small price, from the school).
Outdoor PE Kits should consist of plain dark tracksuits or royal blue tracksuit bottoms and a school jumper and the same PE t-shirt as above as well as socks and trainers. (No Football Kits or logos)
Non-Compliance with the School Uniform Policy
When joining our school we ask you to recognise that we are a 'school uniform' school and commit to providing a smart school uniform.
If children come in to school in inappropriate clothing (including non uniform or variations of the uniform) they will be spoken to by staff and may be provided with a spare uniform. If non- wearing of the uniform is ‘persistent’ then parents will be involved. Parents / children should be aware that some privileges / rewards are associated with wearing of the uniform. We are able to provide support and assistance in some situations.