Welcome to Year 6
Welcome to the Toucans and Eagles class page.
The Toucan class teacher is: Mrs Hearn
The Eagles class teacher is: Mrs Jackson
The Support staff are: Mrs Payne, Mrs Kautz
If you have any questions or messages for the Year 6 team please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up to date with our learning and all of the exciting things we get up to by follow our Reception Twitter page: @StPetersYearSix
- Can the children please have their PE kits in school all week. Our PE days are Tuesday and Thursday (With Bristol City) but we could do extra sessions at any point. They must have trainers in school every day.
- It is vital in year 6 that the children are reading at home as often as possible and are bringing in their reading diaries every day so that we can check their reading and sign their records when we read with them.
- Please ensure you know your child's login information for Microsoft Teams, If you are self-isolating, this is where all of our home learning activities are saved each week. Click here to view a Teams step by step guide.
- Week Commencing Monday 12th July - Sports Week
- Thursday 15th July - Sports Day
- Wednesday 21st July - Last Day of Term!
What's happening this year?
Below is a short overview of what will happen each term in Year 6 this year.
We start Year 6 with an amazing residential trip to Barton Camp. This is a fun filled, jam packed adventure that really bonds the children and teachers. We are going to walk up Crook's Peak, take a trip to Weston and there will be lots of activities including a competition to make the best boat with a boat race across the swimming pool!
Everyone has an absolutely fantastic week getting to know each other and bonding as a Year 6 team.
Our topic for the term is Journeys. We look at the World and our place in it, looking at the geography curriculum, we look at maps and learn about the equator, longitude and latitude, lines of meridian and ordinance survey maps.
Our literacy is themed around a book called, "Clockwork," by Phillip Pullman and we will look at mechanical things. Lots of our other work will be linked to this clockwork theme. We will be aiming to recreate some work by Salvador Dali Later in the term we will then be looking at a book called, "Holes," by Louis Sachar.
In RE we are looking at what it means to be a Sikh today. In Music we will be starting to look at samba rhythms and in science we are looking at classification of living things.